With 18 years of experience in the fields of project development and technology transfer, the LiEU Network fosters an ecosystem of trust between companies and the world of university research.
Who are we?
Created in 2003, the LiEU Network, supported by the Walloon Region, brings together the Knowledge Transfer Offices (KTO) of the 6 French-speaking universities.
These promote and facilitate relations between the scientific community, businesses, organizations and public authorities.
The experts of the KTO members of the LiEU Network are located in universities, as close as possible to scientific expertise in order to:
- foster a close link with research units
- facilitate the setting up of collaborative research projects and the identification of skills or equipment
- detecting research results that can be exploited on the market and thus participate in regional development.
The LiEU Network is part of the PATLIB network.
PATLIB is the name given to the European network of regional intellectual property information centers which are under the supervision of the national patent offices of each member state. There are currently nearly 300 such regional centers scattered across Europe.
They are intended to provide practical local assistance and sound advice on any problem relating to intellectual property and patents.
LiEU becomes an operational network, supported by the Walloon Region.
2008 – 2013
Members of the LiEU Network benefit from joint funding from the ESF and the Walloon Region, allowing:
– Network organization
– Promotion of skills
– Researchers awareness
2014 – 2020
– Support for economic research
– Promotion of results
– Processing of business requests
Inform / Raise awareness
Raising awareness among researchers about calls for projects, intellectual property and the transfer of research results.
Research-business events organized at inter-university level on targeted themes.
Detect / Promote
Project monitoring and detection of valuable research results; identification of business innovation needs.
Support researchers and socio-economic actors in their innovation projects and facilitate inter-university projects.
UCLouvain – LTTO
Place de l’Université, 1Bte LO.01.05
+32 (0)10 47 25 47
LIÈGE INTERFACE ENTREPRISES
Avenue du Pré-Aily, 4
+32 (0) 4 366 21 11
KTO – USL-B
Bvd du Jardin botanique, 43
+32 (0)2 211 79 28
With the support of
Our international partners
Under the direction of the CRef, the Council of Rectors, the management committee of the LiEU Network consists of
- Nathalie Burteau, President
- Eric Wyart, Operational Director
- Isabelle Lefebvre, ULB-TTO Director
- Christine Culot, Director of Research Administration, UNamur
- Céline Thillou, Director of Administration and Transfer of Research, UMONS
- Nathalie Schellens, Director of the Research Administration Service, Université Saint-
- Didier Mattivi, Director of the Research, Innovation and Promotion Administration at Université de Liège
- Daniele Carati, Director-Coordinator of the Research Department, Université libre de Bruxelles
- Xavier Lepot, Director of Research Administration, UCLouvain
- Olivier Gillieaux, Expert in knowledge transfer, Université de Liège
- Sébastien Adam, Expert in knowledge transfer, UCLouvain.
Nathalie Burteau, President
Eric Wyart, Operational Director
Discover the closing report of Mirval+!
Discover the 2019 results of the LiEU Network in video!
The LiEU Network presents its 2019 activity report in video!